Me and Baby J had a lovely lovely lunch today! So much so that J then asked for more to take in his little bowl for on the school run when we went to pick Ky up from school (Although he called it sweets and biscuits – red pepper, sweetcorn and grilled breadcrumbs) He is such a sweetheart! So here is my yummy lunch recipe:
Pointed red peppers stuffed with brown rice, bacon, peas and sweetcorn topped with melted cheese and breadcrumbs
Remember I only made this for me and J but he did have the same serving as me 🙂 And I am using cups because that is literally what I used a cup, I didn’t weigh it.
What you will need:
- 1 red pointed pepper
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1/2 cup of sweetcorn and peas
- 2 slices bacon
- 20g cheese, grated.
- 1 piece of bread, crumbed.
How to make:
- Cut pepper in half, and de-seed. Put to one side on a tray.
- Pop the brown rice in some boiling water and cook for 10 minutes, stir with a fork.
- Add the sweetcorn and peas into the brown rice, add more water if needs be and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Cut your bacon into chunks and fry until crisp.
- Turn on your grill.
- The water in your rice/sweetcorn/peas should now have cooked off so stir with a fork and then carefully spoon into your two empty pointed peppers.
- Top the rice mixture with your bacon
- Top the bacon with your grated cheese
- Pop the peppers under your grill for 30 seconds.
- Take them out and top with the bread crumbs.
- Cook under the grill for 1-3 minutes.
Enjoy muchly because it is delicious 🙂