When it struck midnight last night it meant that we swiftly moved into 2014. I am going to share my midnight kiss. I love this man so much, he really really is the other half of me. 2013 was a hard year for us, I just didn’t feel myself, I wasn’t happy in myself. I loved everyone around me but I just didn’t love me. Things went down hill, I’m not an organised person but things were worse. I missed dates with Ky’s school. I just felt overwhelmed by everything. I didn’t do my hair or my make up like I used to. I just wasn’t me. The Male stood by me. He helped me as much as he could, he helped with the boys albeit when he wasn’t at work when he could see things were getting too much for me. He was just there, being my best friend and being the man I love.
2013 was a huge learning curve for me, I learnt to embrace things I used to ignore like my love for numbers and the fact I don’t deal well with emotions. Letting go and accepting that allowed me to learn more about myself and why I do things. It taught me that it’s okay to care about people and things but it’s also okay to just let go. It taught me to talk to people about things that I get worked up on because although sometimes it’s hard for them to understand at least they know and you can work through it together. It taught me that you dont need to see your friends everyday or even live close to them to know that they are there for you should you need them and them you. It taught me many many things and most of all it taught me that I am a very lucky girl for the family and friends that I have.
I knew things needed to change, I knew I needed to change and that I NEEDED to make a DIFFERENCE.
I began searching the internet and then on my Facebook page one of the lovely ladies on there mentioned The Fly Lady and slowly my journey out of the darkness began. I started paying attention to things that I did, for example getting fixated on things that no one else cares about (like superstitions) and trying to cancel them out – for this reason I no longer have elephants in my house the last one was given away on new years eve. It was a nice feeling.
I accepted that I have issues sleeping and I started to listen to hypnotherapy video’s on youtube. Jody Whiteley being my favourite of all. I listen to her Procrastination video everynight now and it means I get to sleep before the early hours and also meaning that I feel more positive and get up and go in the morning.
I accepted that my mind is a wanderer and that to overcome this I need to use my timer more. 15 minute slots at a time meaning I am lots more productive already.
I accepted that I am a silly hyperactive and fun loving person. That I enjoy listening to people and not being held down because I find lots of different people interesting and like to have different types of people in my life to call my friends online and offline.
So here is my 2014 list
- I will be a happy girl and I will start with positivity.
- I will put my make up on and do my hair every day
- I will take time out to enjoy myself even if it is just painting my nails
- I will spend more time with my amazing boys. (Staring at a computer screen all day does nothing for anyone)
- I WILL be more organised. I WILL I WILL (I have a diary I have been using for a few months since my changes begun)
- I will enjoy The Male more, I won’t work such late nights because I spend most of the night faffing. I will just turn off and watch a film with him
- I will enjoy and blog more, enjoyable, heart felt and more me posts. Because seriously I love you guys, you have supported me so much and I enjoy being here.
- I will take more videos and vlogs – just because I can
- I will stop being so hard on myself because I have achieved so much even just by looking into my two gorgeous son’s eyes.
- I will save money by coupons and glitches. It has already begun and I am loving it
- I will enter lots more competitions so that I can treat people and save more. I have already won my first competition. I woke up to find out I had won a £10 Amazon voucher.. how amazing.
So 2014, I’m coming for you. I’m syked! I’m armed with printer ink and lip gloss and a smile on my face.
Are you with me!?
Then join my new facebook group: A New Addition Ladies – A Better You
Dream big but start Small.. Small improvements every day to make big changes.