TASTY PINK AUTUMN PANCAKE LOVE: To celebrate the weather starting to cool down and the feel of autumn in the air J and I decided we were going to get creative whilst we were discussing our options, J’s mainly being ‘Kinder Egg’ lol we decided on his second option of ‘Pancakes’ so of course I pulled out my yummy fluffy american pancake recipe and we had a play!
Here’s what we came up with, a pink fluffy pancake to represent the first changes in the leaves, the toffee and chocolate sauce to represent the leaves changing and dying and then the wellyboot to represent picking them up 🙂
What you will need to make your yummy pancake
- 120g plain flour
- 5oz milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 3 drops of natural pink food colouring
- Toffee Sauce
- Chocolate Sauce
- Welly boot cookie cutter
How to make:
- Sift your flour into a bowl and add the baking powder and sugar
- Seperate your eggs into yolks and whites. Add the yolks into your milk and whisk.
- Whisk your egg white until its a firm foam.
- In your dry mix make a dip in the middle and pour in your milk and yolk liquid. Mix in to make a batter.
- Take a few spoonfuls of batter away for the wellyboot.
- Add your 3 drops of pink food colouring into the rest of the batter.
- Add your foamy egg whites into the batter and fold in until mix thoroughly.
- Heat a non stick frying pan.
- Ladle 1 spoon onto the hot pan and leave to heat until the top starts to bubble. Then turn and cook for another minute. Take your fluffy gorgeous pancake out of your frying pan.
We made the welly boot by spooning the batter into the wellyboot cutter whilst it was in the frying pan (Of course it was just me that did this) however you could obviously make a small pancake with your separated batter and the cut your welly boot out with the cutter.
I then let J have fun with our squirty sauces on the cooled pink pancake and placed the welly boot on top.
And voila a tasty treat with a little bit of learning and lots of fun!