Now I don’t know about yours, but my children love jelly. They love it on it’s own and of course they love jelly and ice cream. The other day whilst food shopping they asked for some, I always usually make 1 colour and bobs your uncle it’s done but this time with Ky being back at school I decided I was going for my mummy points and picked up a few colours. And this is when my mind sparked ‘stripey jelly’ and boom here I am.
What you will need:
- 3 different flavoured, different coloured jelly
- Measuring jug for water
- pyrex dish
How do make it:
1 Take off the wrapped of the jelly and cut in half.
2. On the back of your packet of jelly it will tell you how much boiling/cold water you need, use half of the recommended. (with mine it was 1/2 a pint so as I was only using half the jelly I used half the amount meaning 1/4 pint of boiling – letting the gelatine melt and then 1/4 cold water.
3. Once your gelatine has melted and you have added your cold water. Pour into your pyrex jug and leave for about a hour until the first layer has set.
4. Grab another flavour/colour jelly and repeat the above steps until your your pyrex dish is full with a small amount of space at the top.
5. To get your jelly out pour some boiling water into a bowl and sit your pyrex dish in it for around 10-20 seconds making sure you don’t get any on the jelly, then tip it onto a plate.
6. Cut it into slices, you can serve on its own, with cream or with ice cream.
Voila, you are the coolest parent ever. This will also work for adult parties 😀